Project Management and Business Analysis Assessment Tools for the Individual
Maximise Your Learning Investment
By measuring the existing knowledge levels of an individual or team, learning can be readily targeted to employees’ needs, and therefore, can speed the development of job-related competencies.
Your organisation’s business analysis and project teams are made up of a wide variety of team members who bring varying skill sets to the table. Knowing each person’s grasp of standard business analysis methods, tools and techniques will give you a clear picture of potential training needs. With ESI’s BAAppraise® & PMAppraise®, you can evaluate your employees’ business analysis training needs and then select the professional development programme that will yield the highest return for your training budget.
Your own development needs and requirements for job performance are typically broken into three areas: knowledge, abilities and behaviours.
- Knowledge is an elements that is taught in educational and training programmes and focus on the content areas of a job.
- Abilities, generally, are personal characteristics that are refined over time by the individual’s actual performance of his or her job.
- Behaviours may be learned in a classroom setting, however, making them second nature usually takes time, practice and experience.
ESI’s PMAppraise® / BAAppraise® are complete assessment tools that:
- Measure knowledge of best practices, as well as the knowledge areas of the PMBOK® Guide, 5th Edition/ BABOK® Guide
- Compile a comprehensive group summary report that provides an overall picture of individuals and the group as a whole
- Provide recommendations for learning activities to help bridge knowledge gaps
Both the individual and group summary reports give you detailed information that:
- Summarises your individual or organisation’s results based on the best practices and the PMBOK® Guide, 5th Edition / BABOK® Guide knowledge areas
- Compares your results against other professionals in the project management industry
- Prioritises group and individual learning needs based on the mappings to key project management topics
A Knowledge Assessment®
£60 / €70 for 90 days of access
PMAppraise measures knowledge of 33 project management best practices and 4 project management phases identified by ESI subject-matter experts. Also measures results against the ten areas of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide, 5th Edition) and the professional responsibility domain:
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
This online assessment consists of 80 multiple-choice questions that cover the areas mentioned above. On average this assessment takes about 1.5 to 2 hours to complete.
After completion, the assessment is scored automatically and the results are sent to you via email. For 30 days after completing PMAppraise®, you have online access to the report that shows all areas needing improvement.
£60 / €70 for 90 days of access
BAAppraise® measures knowledge of 23 business analysis best practices and 6 business analysis phases identified by ESI subject-matter experts. Also measures results against the knowledge areas of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK® Guide):
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- Requirements Management and Communication
- Enterprise Analysis
- Requirements Analysis
- Solution Assessment and Validation
- Underlying Competencies
This online assessment consists of 80 multiple choice questions that cover the competency areas mentioned above. On average this assessment takes 1.5 to 2 hours to complete.
After completion, the assessment is scored automatically; the results are then sent to you via email. For 30 days after completing BAAppraise®, you have online access to the report that shows all areas needing improvement.