Advanced & Specialised Project Management
Leading Complex Projects course
Essential for the experienced project manager who needs direction on managing the seemingly unmanageable.
Complex projects can be tough to handle – just trying to identify the multitude of variables to be managed, let alone trying to anticipate how they might interact can be overwhelming. Project managers need to be able to develop a plan that provides the right level of both flexibility and control. This course will give you a systematic and innovative approach to assessing project complexity and deploying the best approaches and techniques to achieve success. Learn how to determine the true level of complexity and how to use the complexity to assist rather than hinder progress. Receive our Complexity Indicator tool, designed to automatically calculate your project’s complexity level and plot the strengths and weaknesses of your project.
Is this course for me?
This course is essential for experienced Project Managers who currently manage, or those who wish to manage, complex projects and need direction and new approaches to deal with complexity.
What will I learn?
- Select leadership techniques to increase the probability of your success
- Apply the concepts of complexity science to project management
- Use our ‘Complexity Indicator Tool’ to assess your project’s complexity level
- Create an innovative framework for managing project complexity using the ‘Complex Project Management Model’
What is included in the price?
Pre-course assessment tools
Food and Refreshments
Post course reinforcement training
Online tools and templates
Does this course help me towards certification/accreditation?
Take this course is you aim to achieve any of the following certification:
What topics will be covered in the course?
- Understanding Complexity in Projects
- Elements of complexity theory
- Nonlinear dynamics
- Open/closed systems
- Leadership approaches and techniques
- Leaders in complexity
- The Complex Project Model and Process
- Our Complex Project Model
- Our Complex Project Process
- Knowledge of complexity
- Project management
- Determining Project Complexity
- Complexity Indicator
- Assessing complexity levels
- Applying the indicator
- Communicating Project Complexity
- Communication platforms
- Risk and risk response
- Change management
- Problem solving
- Designing for Complex Projects
- OBS, PBS, WBS
- Design tasks
- Planning for project execution
- Leading Complex Projects
- Leading Complex Projects
- Clear vision
- Principles for leading complex projects
- Disciplines for leading complex projects
Available as customised in-house training
Let us bring our classes to you! Our in-house training are ideal for groups of 10 or more people. We can provide Off-the-shelf training in the form of our classic courses, or we can provide bespoke training, tailored to your organisational goals and objectives. Find out more here.
Why choose us?
What sets us apart from many other training companies is that we guide you through your entire learning journey. We work together with you to assess your skills gap, map out your individual learning path and offer you the resources to then help you reinforce and adopt new tools and techniques learnt from your training and apply them to your daily work. Find out more.