Agile Training Courses
PMI-ACP® Exam Preparation course
Get the knowledge and tools to pass the PMI® Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® exam.
You have decided to become a PMI Agile Certified Practitioner? Excellent career decision, now it is time to take the PMI-ACP® Exam.
This course is designed to give you the knowledge and tools to pass your PMI-ACP® exam. Learn the 10 tools and techniques and 43 knowledge and skills areas pertinent to exam success. Walk through real world Agile techniques that project teams have successfully implemented, and so much more.
There are many reasons to go for your PMI-ACP® certification. Make sure you are as prepared as possible. Be confident and ready to pass your exam the first time so you can begin the new PMI-ACP® certified phase of your career as soon as possible!
Is this course for me?
This course is aimed at anyone who fulfils the requirements in order to be eligible to take the PMI-ACP® exam.
What will I learn?
- Review the 10 tools and techniques and 43 knowledge and skills areas needed to pass the PMI-ACP® exam
- Explain real world techniques for planning, estimating and prioritising requirements in an Agile way
- Describe the Agile development lifecycle
- Explain real world Agile techniques
- Engage your business customers through early and frequent delivery of value
- Study tips on advanced topics such as scaling Agile to large projects, distributed teams and lean portfolio management
- Improve requirements gathering through collaborative brainstorming, breaking down EPICs and defining acceptance tests
What is included in the price?
Food and Refreshments
Does this course help me towards certification/accreditation?
Take this course is you aim to achieve any of the following certification:
What topics will be covered in the course?
- Agile Foundation
- Traditional Process
- Agile Manifesto/History
- Agile Values and Principles
- Empirical vs. Defined
- The Various Agile Methods (Scrum, Lean, XP, etc.)
- Lean Principles
- Build In Quality
- Agile Myths
- Why Agile?
- Agile Team
- Agile Roles
- Generalising Specialists
- Boosting Team Performance
- Communication, Collaboration and Decision Making
- Servant Leadership and Empowerment
- Coaching Agile Teams
- Trust, Conflict Resolution and Team Building
- Building the team
- Distributed Agile Teams
- Pre-Project Considerations
- Risk of Agile and Failure Modes
- Agile Contracts
- Organisational Consideration
- Project Feasibility (ROI, NPV, IRR)
- Hybrid Approaches
- Project Initiation
- Project Visioning and Chartering
- ROI and Business Value Justification
- Creating the Backlog with MMF Set
- Alternative Solution Analysis
- Agile Contracts
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Project Level Risk Management
- Project High Level Estimates
- WIP (Work In Progress)
- Team Release Velocity Estimation
- Building a Roadmap
- Project Release Planning
- Project and Team Kickoff
- Refine the Backlog
- Story Level Prioritisation
- Story Sizing/ Estimation
- Estimating Initial Iteration Velocity
- Building the Release Plan
- Setting Up Collaboration Environments
- Hardening/Stabilisation Iteration
- Project Foundation Setup
- Identifying ‘Must Haves’ for Iteration 1
- High Level Architectural, Business and UI Design
- Hardware, Software, Training
- Pre-Planning for Iteration 1
- Risk Mitigation through Spikes and Dependency Identification
- Testing Strategy Planning
- Iteration Execution
- Iteration Planning
- Task Breakdown and Estimating
- Team Commitment and Cadence
- Technical Excellence
- Collaboration, Empowerment and Conflict Management
- Pre-Planning and ‘Just in Time’ Detailed Requirements
- Daily Standups
- Activities During an Agile Iteration
- Information Radiators
- Impediment and Risk Mitigation
- Coaching and Facilitation
- Stakeholder Engagement
Available as customised in-house training
Let us bring our classes to you! Our in-house training are ideal for groups of 10 or more people. We can provide Off-the-shelf training in the form of our classic courses, or we can provide bespoke training, tailored to your organisational goals and objectives. Find out more here.
Why choose us?
What sets us apart from many other training companies is that we guide you through your entire learning journey. We work together with you to assess your skills gap, map out your individual learning path and offer you the resources to then help you reinforce and adopt new tools and techniques learnt from your training and apply them to your daily work. Find out more.