Agile Training Courses
Project Portfolio Management Using Agile course
You do not want to overuse resources, take on too many projects at one time, or lose sight of the big picture, as it relates to your organisation’s project portfolio. You need an enterprise view of your entire project portfolio; otherwise you may lose sight into the high-priority goals and objectives you are trying to achieve.
Our course Project Portfolio Management Using Agile teaches learners to apply Agile, Lean and Kanban to project portfolio planning and management. It provides new methods for planning, prioritising, sizing and managing projects and programmes of any size within the portfolio.
Is this course for me?
This course is aimed at PMO leaders, Product and Portfolio Managers, business executives and leaders, IT and business sponsors, Programme Managers, Project Managers and anyone else interested in understanding Agile portfolio management.
What will I learn?
- Describe how to get initiatives started and knowing when you are ‘done’
- Explain why we need a different approach
- Define Lean thinking
- Explain how to limit work in progress (WIP)
- Explain the Lean/Agile portfolio big picture and planning steps
- Describe the pull versus push concept
- Define new metrics to measure
- Define the six levels of planning
- Explain how to build your backlog of current and future initiatives
- Explain strategic alignment
- Define dependency, risk, sizing
- Define capacity planning
- Create an enterprise portfolio grooming team
- Describe continuous backlog grooming
- Set up your portfolio tracking Kanban walls
What is included in the price?
Food and Refreshments
Does this course help me towards certification/accreditation?
Take this course is you aim to achieve any of the following certification:
Available as customised in-house training
Let us bring our classes to you! Our in-house training are ideal for groups of 10 or more people. We can provide Off-the-shelf training in the form of our classic courses, or we can provide bespoke training, tailored to your organisational goals and objectives. Find out more here.
Why choose us?
What sets us apart from many other training companies is that we guide you through your entire learning journey. We work together with you to assess your skills gap, map out your individual learning path and offer you the resources to then help you reinforce and adopt new tools and techniques learnt from your training and apply them to your daily work. Find out more.