Core Essential Project Management
Risk Management course
Start taking a proactive approach to risk and learn how to spot opportunity and threat.
Too often risk management is seen as reactive, but nothing could be further from the truth. In this Risk Management training course you will learn to work through a proactive approach to risk threat and opportunity. You will address how to identify, quantify, control and respond to risk management in the context of the project life-cycle. Learn qualitative and quantitative techniques and tools for assessing the impact of risk. Through interactive exercises and case studies, participants will be able to apply risk management theories, concepts and principles to real-world situations.
Is this course for me?
This course is suitable for all Project Managers, Program Managers and team members who need to develop their knowledge of how to identify, manage and plan for risks, positive and negative. This is a key course for those looking to become PMP certified.
What will I learn?
- Use a practical, eight-step process to manage project risk
- Identify threats and opportunities and weigh their relative value in your project
- Control multiple risks using limited strategies
- Overcome psychological barriers to risk in stakeholders and team members
- Make risk and opportunity integral components of your next project plan
What is included in the price?
Pre-course assessment tools
Food and Refreshments
Post course reinforcement training
Online tools and templates
Does this course help me towards certification/accreditation?
Take this course is you aim to achieve any of the following certification:
What topics will be covered in the course?
- Introduction to Risk
- Definition and characteristics of "risk"
- Elements and factors of risk
- Event (future occurrence)
- Probability (uncertainty)
- Impact (amount at stake)
- Types of risk
- Components of risk management
- Response development
- Response control
- Risk Management Planning and Identifying Risks
- Risk management planning
- Risk identification
- Idea generation tools and techniques
- Analysis Fundamentals
- Probability and impact
- Presenting risk
- Probability analysis
- Analysing and Prioritising Risk
- Determining risk tolerances
- Analysing risks
- Establishing and evaluating profitability
- Risk-based financial tools and techniques
- Expected-value analysis
- Decision trees
- Prioritising risks
- Risk Response Planning
- Risk response strategies for opportunities and threats
- Risk acceptance
- Risk avoidance
- Risk mitigation
- Probability minimisation
- Impact minimisation
- Establishing reserves
- Execution, Evaluation and Update
- Risk Response monitoring and control
- Execute risk strategies
- Contingency plans and work-arounds
- Risk evaluation
- Reassessing risk
- Risk documentation
Available as customised in-house training
Let us bring our classes to you! Our in-house training are ideal for groups of 10 or more people. We can provide Off-the-shelf training in the form of our classic courses, or we can provide bespoke training, tailored to your organisational goals and objectives. Find out more here.
Why choose us?
What sets us apart from many other training companies is that we guide you through your entire learning journey. We work together with you to assess your skills gap, map out your individual learning path and offer you the resources to then help you reinforce and adopt new tools and techniques learnt from your training and apply them to your daily work. Find out more.