Core Essential Project Management
Managing Information Technology Projects course
Discover all critical successful factors & hidden risks, & gain an understanding of the strategies & skills necessary to manage IT projects of any size.
This course presents project management concepts, tools and techniques needed to meet the unique challenges of an IT project. Designed for the project manager new to the IT field, this course addresses all areas of IT project management such as: hardware, software, systems integration, communications and human resources. You will learn techniques to determine customer requirements, and utilise IT project management tools, strategies and techniques developed in the field by project management experts.
Is this course for me?
This course is for IT project managers and professionals who are starting a career in IT project management looking to strengthen their knowledge, skills and techniques.
What will I learn?
- Define the role of the IT project manager
- Develop a results-driven project management team
- Identify, interpret, and manage the real project requirements
- Develop a focused project plan to manage IT Projects
- Estimate IT project costs and schedules using proven techniques
- Find solutions to problems specifically related to IT projects
What is included in the price?
Pre-course assessment tools
Food and Refreshments
Post course reinforcement training
Online tools and templates
Does this course help me towards certification/accreditation?
Take this course is you aim to achieve any of the following certification:
What topics will be covered in the course?
- Overview of IT Project Management
- Definition and characteristics of IT project management
- Common reasons why IT projects fail
- Critical factors for IT project success
- The IT project life cycle and the activities of each life cycle phase
- Project processes common to all projects
- Concept Phase
- Selecting and funding IT projects
- Identify key project stakeholders
- Describe the purpose and content of a IT business case
- Prepare a project charter
- Requirements Phase
- Identify and articulate customer requirements
- Distinguish between functional and technical requirements
- Use different methods for gathering requirements
- Develop a requirements traceability methodology
- Planning Phase
- Identify the key components of the project plan and the planning process
- Construct a work breakdown structure showing all work components
- Build a project schedule
- Estimate duration, resources, and costs
- Describe risk management planning and risk response planning
- Describe subsidiary management plans including communications, procurement and quality
- Design Phase
- Describe the major activities of the preliminary and detailed design activities
- Identify typical content of the technical specification document
- Identify some design techniques use in developing the technical solution
- Describe make or buy decision methodology
- Construction Phase
- Develop a project team to build and deliver the product
- Describe quality assurance activities, testing and audits
- Assess project performance
- Develop and use a change request methodology
- Develop risk response strategies
- Delivery Phase
- Describe the key activities of the delivery phase
- Describe four major product/system conversion strategies
- Understand the "go-live" transition responsibilities of the project manager
- Develop scope verification and customer acceptance strategies
Available as customised in-house training
Let us bring our classes to you! Our in-house training are ideal for groups of 10 or more people. We can provide Off-the-shelf training in the form of our classic courses, or we can provide bespoke training, tailored to your organisational goals and objectives. Find out more here.
Why choose us?
What sets us apart from many other training companies is that we guide you through your entire learning journey. We work together with you to assess your skills gap, map out your individual learning path and offer you the resources to then help you reinforce and adopt new tools and techniques learnt from your training and apply them to your daily work. Find out more.