Core Essential Project Management
Requirements Management course
Learn to manage change in requirements and keep the project in check.
Requirements are the foundation of any project, yet the number of projects that fail due to inaccurate or incomplete requirements is incredibly high. This course goes far beyond requirements gathering and deals with requirements management. Discuss the latest practices for requirements management from concept through to closeout, and how to properly select techniques and tools for each specific project type. Explore evaluation techniques that allow you to verify requirements early in the project life-cycle so as to avoid costly rework further down the line. Learn how to manage scope creep and clashes between project sponsors and project sponsors, through relationship management and negotiation techniques.
Is this course for me?
This course is for experienced Project Managers who are responsible for developing requirements for their projects and ensuring the end result is aligned to the requirements. Also suitable for those analysing the results of requirements change requests on other areas of the project.
What will I learn?
- Apply a requirements management process to a project life-cycle
- Use proper evaluation techniques to verify and gain agreement upon requirements that meet specific business and technical objectives
- Identify formal and informal techniques to manage stakeholder relationships within the requirements management process
- Implement a change management process to control scope creep
What is included in the price?
Pre-course assessment tools
Food and Refreshments
Post course reinforcement training
Online tools and templates
Does this course help me towards certification/accreditation?
Take this course is you aim to achieve any of the following certification:
What topics will be covered in the course?
- Requirements Factors Influencing Project Problems
- The Project Requirements Process
- The project management and requirements management life cycles
- Steps in the requirements management process
- Fixed and evolving requirements
- Organisational standards
- Stakeholder Assessment
- Identification and categorisation
- Communication plan
- Risk factors
- Requirements Identification
- Conducting a stakeholder analysis
- Identifying risks and mitigation
- Critical Success Factors
- Traceability matrix
- Global requirements mapping
- Test plan
- Requirements management standards
- Requirements Derivation
- Functional and non-function requirements
- Global requirements
- Identifying multiple views
- Tools and techniques
- Documentation standards
- Evaluation and Approval
- Selection of tools and techniques
- Requirement/prototype review
- Risk assessment
- Baseline documentation
- Change Management
- Evaluate policy for project needs
- Establish business criteria for change control
- Select tools and techniques
- Success criteria
- Validation of Project Outcomes
- Acceptance criteria
- Project test results
- Closeout Procedures
Available as customised in-house training
Let us bring our classes to you! Our in-house training are ideal for groups of 10 or more people. We can provide Off-the-shelf training in the form of our classic courses, or we can provide bespoke training, tailored to your organisational goals and objectives. Find out more here.
Why choose us?
What sets us apart from many other training companies is that we guide you through your entire learning journey. We work together with you to assess your skills gap, map out your individual learning path and offer you the resources to then help you reinforce and adopt new tools and techniques learnt from your training and apply them to your daily work. Find out more.