The Benefits of a PRINCE2 Qualification for Individuals
The PRINCE2 methodology is a generic project management framework, based on proven principles that are designed to help deliver projects successfully. The PRINCE2 qualification is also globally recognised, endorsed by the UK government and now used increasingly around the globe as a best practice framework for project management.
As well as becoming an essential benchmark of capability within the industry, it is considered a key qualification for those looking to progress their project management careers.
By obtaining a set of tools that can be applied to any project of any size, individuals with a PRINCE2 qualification can join an organisation and instantly understand a project’s status, as well as be able to communicate effectively with the project team. This knowledge is honed and validated by completing the two levels of certification: Foundation and Practitioner.
Benefits of PRINCE2 training for job opportunities
- A PRINCE2 Foundation course will always be an invaluable asset for any individual looking to increase their employment prospects, as well as find opportunities to do project-based work more effectively.
- Completion of a PRINCE2 Foundation course will allow individuals to start applying for project administrator or project co-ordinator roles right away.
- A combination of the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner qualification is viewed on an equivalent level to the PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP) or Association of Project Management Professionals (APMP) qualifications. As such, job applicants in the project management profession will typically find they need one or more of the PRINCE2 Practitioner, PMP or APMP qualifications.
- By attaining the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner qualification, individuals will be considered able to meet the needs of any organisation that relies on PRINCE2 to deliver successful projects.
- The PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner qualification, as with the PMP or APM, will make the path to becoming a fully-fledged project manager or programme co-ordinator much easier to achieve, by showing employers you are serious about the career you have chosen and are ready to go into a real time business environment.
- Also, qualified applicants will be considered preferred candidates with recruiters, HR or talent managers who want to take their organisations into a more controlled project environment.
Benefits of PRINCE2 methodology for the project practitioner
- PRINCE2 methodology provides standard techniques, processes and a common language for projects.
- PRINCE2 enhances a candidate’s skills and expertise in complex project management environments.
- As already stated, A PRINCE2 qualification leads to higher salaries and better employment opportunities.
- PRINCE2 provides project practitioners with greater control and confidence by making fewer mistakes.
- The PRINCE2 methodology is easily transferable across a wide range of industries, meaning that with a PRINCE2 qualification you will be able to give any employer the reassurance that you are able to conduct projects in accordance to established industry best practice.
- Because the PRINCE2 qualification is recognised and respected around the world, not only will you be reinforcing your skillset to potential employers at home, it also opens up a number of opportunities across the globe.